21 nov 2007

November 19th

Finally! I have found the time to write!…
Last Monday, November 19th, was the 17th anniversary of my graduation as a mum, it was Julieta’s (better known as “Chul”) birthday. If I think about it a little bit more, It was not a graduation (I never got the degree!) it was just the beginning of a long-life learning period. My daughters are teaching me how to be a mother on the way, it’s a pity there isn’t an instruction manual. Anyway, I’m really proud of them, so things are coming out pretty well.

Happy birthday Juli! I love you…

Now, back to students, read this poem that I think is really useful, especially for this time of the year when we are all really tired.

"Don't Quit"

When things go wrong as they sometimes will;
When the road you're trudging seems all uphill;
When the funds are low, and the debts are high
And you want to smile, but have to sigh;
When care is pressing you down a bit-
Rest if you must, but do not quit.

Success is failure turned inside out;
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt;
And you can never tell how close you are
It may be near when it seems so far;
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit-
It's when things go wrong that you must not quit.

- Author Unknown

No hay comentarios: